Wednesday, 23 March 2016

IMPROVING SPREADS

In Mondays class this week, we printed out all of our spreads so far and looked at each others work, from our stream and also other streams. This session was helpful as I got feedback on my work and also got to see other peoples work, which helped for inspiration. The tutors told me I need to make my work more consistent, in terms of my Collums, text and layout, so i worked on this feedback throughout the week. I also worked on my 'Wellington' spread and 'Theme' spread and added in my key to my destination spreads.








I thought a lot about consistency when improving these spreads, for example, i chose to use two collums and have my text on the right side of the page. I tried to be consistent all throughout my pages, although it was difficult to keep the headers and subheadings the same because of the way my illustrations sit on the page. I thought about the placement of the key and tried to keep this in the left hand collum, but this was difficult for my 'Lyall Bay' spread. I found the Wellington and Theme spreads quite difficult because of the amount of text we were given but I managed to fit everything in without making it look to busy. I thought a lot about keeping them consistent with my other pages, by using two collums and having my text on the right, I also I focused a lot on alignment. I used paragraph styles all throughout my text to make everything more efficient and clean. There is definitely still room for improvement but I am a very happy with my progress from the last class.

No comments:

Post a Comment