Monday, 14 March 2016

TESTING OUT COLLAGE AND ILLUSTRATION IDEAS

After Thursdays class in week 2, I realised I needed to think more about the feelings you get when you go to my destinations. I thought about adjectives and colours that describe each feeling, then drew lines and shapes that fit these feelings for each place. I also thought about this idea of 'the dogs perpective' when doing this.




This really influenced a lot of ideas for compositions and illustrations.



I begun by printing out images and physically drawing onto them. I thought this could make my brochure have a fun feel to it. I also was keen to experiment a bit with drawing. I liked the idea of cutting parts out and drawing them back in.

Using a black ink pen to create
an interesting texture.
I cut out some trees and drew
them back in with pencil.
I like the symbol of the paw
print and think I will continue 
incorperting this in. 
  



I then moved onto testing ideas on photoshop as I thought this would be an easier way to test many ideas quickly. I have been using Pinterest for inspiration as well. This is where I have gathered brochure examples and other designs to hep my ideas flow. I continued to think about the feeling of each place by referring to my lines and shapes drawn previously, then attempted to add these into my designs. I also thought more from the 'dogs perspective' when creating these collages and used the dog as the main focus.


Oriental Bay
Lyall Bay
Green Belt
Green Belt


No comments:

Post a Comment