Thursday, 31 March 2016

CONTINUED IMPROVEMENT OF SPREADS

MID TERM BREAK


After the final class before mid term break, I had a talk with the tutors about my work so far and they gave me some good ideas for how to improve my spreads further. It was only down to small adjustments, but these will definitely make a big difference.





A main thing I needed to work on was my text layout, so I added in a line break to separate paragraphs and make it clearer for the reader to read. It was pointed out that the drop cap I had used previously was too eye catching, so I decided it was best to get rid of this all together. I also had too much spacing between some titles and paragraph bodies, like in my first two spreads. I got rid of the over rule as this wasn't really necessary. I changed the colour of my map as the tutor suggested it was too dark which didn't work with my theme.  I worked a lot on y line work in my destination spreads as it was suggested to have more variety especially in the 'Green Belt' spread. I focused a lot on making it smoother as well. I reduced the tone of the aeroplane in the 'Lyall Bay' spread as this was too bold. In my 'Oriental Bay' spread I added in some line work which helped portray the feeling of the place a bit more. I also improved my key, by adding what each part stood for. Overall i focused more on making my text the supporting element and my illustration the main element. I tried to think about the overall look of my brochure and making it easy for the reader to navigate. 

I've been working on my spreads throughout the holidays so far. I am at a stage where I can leave these how they are and move on to working on my front and back cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment