Thursday, 17 March 2016

MORE CLASS CRITIQUE

In todays class we got into groups with people who were doing similar topics to us and critiqued each others work. In preparation for this class we had to have made some more illustrations, and also play around with them on InDesign and make a draft of a spread. I used an idea from my thumbnail sketches and played around with that a bit, then put that with an illustration i'd developed for the 'Green Belt' 


This critique was really helpful as it let me know I was heading in the right direction. It also let me know what i needed to fix and what was working well. We had to pass each others work around and write a few key words we got from what we saw. For my spread, people wrote things like, relaxing, playful, and adventures for dogs, which I was very happy with as this was what I was trying to imply. I got some really good feedback for my illustration as well. Things like, trying out different scales with the images and making the wavy lines thinner and lighter to make them less obvious. I also think it would look a lot better if I carried the illustration throughout the first spread to make it look more put together. One of the tutors also mentioned how she like the paw prints and how this illustrated the dog was heading to this destination and then moving onto the next, which was the idea I was hoping would come across. Overall I was very happy with this critique and I will keep testing out different layouts and ideas, also with my other destinations too.

No comments:

Post a Comment