Thursday, 10 March 2016

EXPERIMENTING AND PLAYING AROUND


I decided to play around more with the image of the dog I have drawn previously. I tested out drawing the image with a few different techniques and mediums, like Sharpie, black pen and crayons. I also experimented with different thicknesses just to see how the image would look once id drawn it, like using a think white board marker. After drawing several ideas, I realised I liked the look of the loose, simple looking ones best. This was also reinforced after talking with the tutors in todays class and other people in class, as they think the top right image is too bold and angular, which I agree with as that doesn't fit with my theme very well. This means if I were to use this idea I would go with the simpler and loose drawings.
Images of a dog using several different styles.


I've also played around with cutting up images and arranging them in different ways. This idea was inspired from one of the brochure designs I uploaded in my first post. I will continue to experiment more with this idea. During todays class one of the tutors suggested I design my brochure based on the dogs perspective, which I thought would be a fun idea. Ill consider this idea more in my future work.

Experimenting with pictures from the Green Belt
Experimenting with  pictures from Oriental
Bay and Lyall Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment